Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Wedding - June 14, 2014

They are finally here... wedding pictures! All photo credit goes to Photography by Liz. She did a great job and I'm definitely going to use her for other photo shoots in the future when we are in the Superior area. Obviously I can't show all 475 pictures, but I'll give you a preview of my favorite ones. Since I haven't posted about the wedding yet, I'll tell you all a bit more about it too.

First, I want to thank these people! Ethan and Beau were Judah's groomsmen, Frankie did my hair and makeup, and Liz photographed our wedding while 7 months pregnant! And Judah can't be normal... haha


Second, I need to thank these girls. I could not have pulled off my wedding without them! These girls helped decorate and kept me sane before the wedding. Plus they were my only friends who made it to the wedding!


I dreaded this wedding from the beginning. That sounds horrible! It's not that I didn't want to get married, because I did. I really, really did! ;P But Judah and I decided it would be best to have it at his parents' house and I knew very little about the surrounding area and had no clue where to even start. Judah was extremely helpful in planning (more so than most fiancés I think) and my friend Jen was a huge help though. I hate big social events of any kind to begin with and the fact that I needed to plan my own wedding... let's say there were lots of mental breakdowns along the planning road! One way or another though, June 14th arrived and it was time to get married!


My outfit for the day :) One shoulder chiffon gown from David's Bridal and the cowboy boots Judah bought me for my birthday last fall.


Our rings with the cross Judah gave me for Christmas. I wore a different cross with my dress, but I don't have a close up of that.


Frankie finishing up my eye makeup. She did an amazing job with my hair and makeup, even though she was nervous the whole time! Then putting on my dress and boots.


Time for the first look! I told Judah I wanted him in jeans and boots when we got married. He looks good in a suit, but it's just not him. I was more than happy with how wonderful he looked that day :D




I should mention now that it was GORGEOUS for our rehearsal dinner. 75 degrees, light breeze, sunshine. Of course Saturday was rainy and cold :( Trying to take pictures was not the most fun and limited our options. 









Now it was time to get married!!!







Here comes the bride!!!







Awwwww! We did it :D



I think the pictures explain it all ;) 



The reception was pretty simple. Food, cake, speeches, first dances. Our cake was AMAZING. Judah's sister made it and oh.my.god. Best cake I have ever had. This first picture got quite a few laughs... And it reminds me that Becky still owes me the recipe for the cake!! *cough cough* But I have already been told I can't share it with anyone. So no blog post for that one, sorry :(











And finally, a few more couple pics







It was a beautiful day, surrounded by friends and family. 

:)

*06.14.2014*

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Absolutely love that second to last picture of the two of you, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl :) yes, it's quite a good one. I've got a few others like it too. Of course Judah was the one to initiate it!

      Delete