Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Anniversary Weekend

Sorry for the lack of posting. It seems I will have days where I have nothing to post and then suddenly I have so much I want to update it feels like I'll never find the time to do it all!

Yesterday was our one month anniversary of being married :) We decided last week that we would "get away" for the weekend and celebrate. Since Judah works on Saturdays, we only had Saturday night and Sunday. We only went about 25 minutes from here, but at least we got out of the house :)


I started Saturday night with Kacie's homemade chicken enchilada recipe (I'll blog about that later). And it came out amazing :) Judah loved it and it was so much healthier and cheaper than going out to eat!


Judah loves to take baths and especially loves hot tubs, so we rented a hotel room with a Jacuzzi :)





He thinks he's so cool ;P The room wasn't very big, but it was nice. They were in the process of renovating the hotel and this was one of the new rooms.

Our big plans for the night were to go bowling!



It was a lot of fun. It was warm inside the alley though so we only bowled three games. We probably would have played a few more, but both of us were hot. Our shoes weren't sliding at all either and that made it difficult for us to bowl. But we had fun :) We went bowling a few weeks ago with friends, and when you have five people to a lane, you spend more time sitting than bowling. This was fun to constantly be bowling against one another.

Next we went for ice cream!


The local place we wanted to go to was closed and I didn't want Dairy Queen so we went to Kroger and bought these :D We sat on the tailgate of his truck in the parking lot and ate them. It was a nice evening out so it was fun to sit outside. Then we went back to the hotel for jacuzzi time!


Our attempt to be romantic with LED candles... haha! Between being sore from my workouts that week, a little dehydrated from laying out in the sun, and then bowling, I was ready to pass out at 10 PM. Yeah, we're the cool kids... I was up by 6 am the next day and we went for breakfast around 8:30. We went in the jacuzzi one last time then checked out of our room.

We stopped by the mall to get my rings cleaned. Judah wanted to stop by GNC for more protein powder. I saw that all their local stores were hiring so I went online to apply, but they were only hiring at the mall :( That was a let down since I would have liked to work there. I walk by the local store every day I go to the gym.

Sunday's plan was to go to the movies.


How to Train Your Dragon 2 was fantastic!! If you liked the first movie, the second is just as good. I won't give anything away, but prepare to laugh and cry. We went to Kohl's beforehand and I got a KitchenAid Mixer finally :D I was beyond excited and we got $90 Kohl's cash from purchasing it too that I can use this Friday!


Then yesterday I used the gift cards we got from the wedding to buy a few more items off our registry and I bought some picture frames because wedding pictures came in!!! I got them Saturday afternoon and it was the perfect way to kick off our anniversary weekend. I will share some of those in another post.


Yup... wedding pictures were posted! The funny part is my dad liked nearly every photo in the entire album and that's why I had so many notifications. He liked the album too... Sigh!
But I did order all the wedding photos through Shutterfly yesterday. They have a huge sale going on right now. I got 500 pictures printed (including 5x7 and 8x10's) at 50% AND shipped for free. I spent $65 and saved $80!! If you have any pictures that need to be printed, get over there now, the sale ends today!

We have decided that Maple is in fact pregnant. With her behavior and how big she is getting pretty much confirms it! I'm thinking in about two weeks we will have little babies running around :D


Sunday night finished out with grocery shopping and hanging out around the house. We got a surprise yesterday though.. With all the rain, Judah got out of work around 10 am!! So we spent the day going to the gym and he helped me make these Whole Wheat Pretzel Bagels (which are delicious!)


And we received this beautiful gift from our friend/photographer:


SO CUTE!! She also sent us the ice cream maker her and her husband received from their wedding, but they'll never use it. Judah is super excited for that because he loves ice cream. We also went and got our hair cut together.

All in all it was an AMAZING weekend. I am so incredibly thankful for my wonderful husband and all the time I was able to spend with him. We are truly blessed :D

Don't worry, I will catch up on posting all those recipes and pictures for you guys. I also have created a Facebook page for this blog so please go and like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment