Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Broiled Salmon and Asparagus

I've got a great recipe for you today!! Last night Judah and I wanted to make salmon and asparagus so  I checked out Pinterest and found this gem from Martha Stewart. It was easy to make and tasted great.


Broiled Salmon and Asparagus
     asparagus (we used a full bunch)
     salmon (we had two fillets)
     2 tbsp soy sauce
     1 tsp sesame oil
     2 tbsp lemon juice + lemon wedges

Trim and wash the asparagus and line flat on the pan. Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, and lemon juice. Brush the asparagus with the mixture and garnish with lemon. Broil for 3 minutes, approximately 6 inches under the broiler. Next place the salmon on the asparagus and brush again with the glaze. Broil 6-8 more minutes until the salmon is opaque and flaky.


Mmm... I love asparagus!



Our salmon fillets were very thin so they cooked quick! Make sure to glaze the bottom of the salmon before you place it down, otherwise it may stick to the asparagus when it cooks.


Delicious! You can sort of see the fat that came out of the salmon, usually a good indicator that it is fully cooked.


The finished product :D


It was such a simple and QUICK recipe. Start to finish, it took maybe 20 minutes. Can't get better than that! I did not like the overwhelming lemon flavor from the wedges. Judah did though. That will be your personal preference. Try the original recipe and you can adjust for the next time!




Now for what you have all been waiting for ;)


awwww!!!








SO. CUTE. We hung out all afternoon on the couch yesterday. I didn't get any videos of her running around last night because we only had her out for ten or fifteen minutes. She was more interested in laying down anyways.


Readers: What is your favorite way to cook salmon? Do you like asparagus?

2 comments:

  1. I like to broil my salmon with a lite spray of olive oil a little sprinkle of dill weed and capers. I also like malt vinegar on all my fish.
    I love fresh asparagus. For breakfast, I like to put a little olive oil in a pan and add cut up pieces of asparagus, turn it low heat and add a cover. When done I add 3 egg whites coarse pepper and a generous sprinkle of parmeasian cheese. Serve with an English muffin yummmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete