Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Cookie Day!

Happy Friday everyone! What are your exciting plans for the weekend!?!

I wish I could say Judah and I planned an amazing, awesome, action-packed anniversary weekend (three months on Sunday!!)... BUT we didn't. First, he's been working crazy hours at work for the past three weeks and there have been rumors of working Sundays. With our luck, we would plan something and then we'd have to cancel because he has to work! Then we found out that his roommate from last summer, who I got to know pretty well from spending so much time with Judah, is back in the area working for a different company and we told him to join us for dinner this weekend if he can (that was our fault, haha). And finally, we are putting a lot of money towards the truck still, so it's not really in the bank account for us to spend money on hotel rooms and other stuff. We enjoy our company enough that we don't HAVE to go somewhere else to have fun :) We decided since we earn about $30-40 in credit card rewards each month, when we have enough money for a hotel room, we will use those rewards towards it. So probably next month we will get away for a night. Also, it seems Judah may get some time off after this job and we'll go on our honeymoon finally, so we can save money up for that instead if we want :D

**edit - while writing this post I received a phone call from the Old Navy store I applied to and I have an interview tomorrow night! I guess it was best that Judah and I don't have serious plans :D


Anyways... it has been a while since I posted a recipe! Sorry about that. I've come across some good ones so I will be sure to post them throughout the month. Today's recipe share is fantastic. Remember way back in an earlier post I said that I usually will try recipes that are on product bags? Well that's exactly where this one comes from. My friend Lindsay claims she is a horrible baker and so I invited her over to help me bake cookies and hopefully learn a thing or two! For me, baking is incredibly easy and I feel like I have a pretty good handle on it.

On to these amazing cookies:

Photo cred to Lindsay since I didn't think to take any pics (again!)

Toll House Nestle Chocolate Chunk Cookies
    2 sticks butter
    3/4 cup sugar
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
    11.5 oz package (1 3/4 cups) semi sweet chocolate chunks

Cream together the butter and sugars, then add the eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt. Finally, add the flour and chocolate chunks. Spoon tablespoon sized dough onto baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown (the top may still be slightly underdone).

This is a simple, straightforward recipe, but it tasted SO GOOD! I have seriously eaten three cookies a day since we baked them, and it required a lot of self control to stop at 3 ;)

Here are a few of my baking hints that I shared with Lindsay:
- Let the butter sit out for a couple hours before baking - I usually take it out the night before
- Cream the butter and sugar first (unless otherwise instructed) - it's easier to combine these ingredients first
- Next, add in your smallest ingredients (less than a cup) - I feel that it ensures they mix in evenly with the rest of the dough
- It is better to take your cookies out of the oven early than let them sit in too long - cookies will continue to bake on the pan once out of the oven
- freeze cookies for ultimate lasting freshness! We made these cookies on Wednesday, but when I take them out of the freezer and let them come to room temperature, they taste exactly the same as they did that day!

Finally, I'm excited to show you guys the decorating I have done around the house! With Labor Day passing, it seems everyone said goodbye to summer and hello to fall (even though we still have a week and a half technically), but I couldn't bring myself to get into fall mode when it was nearly 85 degrees outside! This past storm we had though brought in a cold front and the high for the next week is 73 so I decided now would be a good time to get in the fall spirit. :D





Everything is courtesy of Walmart. I absolutely love the owl sign :D My favorite change has been the candles and new tarts for the wall plug ins I bought though! The house smells so good now :)

I have lots I want to share with you guys, including the new logo on my page for Sweat Pink, Jamberry nails, and more recipes! Be sure to keep coming back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment